Skip to content
- 9.00 Inauguration. institutional greetings
- Welcome and introduction
- Umberto Solimene, President World Federation of Hydrotherapy and Climatotherapy,
- FEMTEC, State University of Milan, ITALY.
- 10:00 – 11:30 Session 1:
- BALNEOLOGY IN THE WORLD: REALITY AND PROSPECTS
- Moderators: F. Maraver, R. Ledesma, O. Surdu
- 1- Medical tourism, Wellness, Balneotherapy and Public Health. Olga Surdu.
- 2- Strategic projections of the International Chair of Health, Thermal and Well-being
Tourism of Cuba. Rafael Ledesma Rosa.
- 3- Current classifications of thermal resources. Francisco Maraver Eyzaguirre.
4- Balneology in the hot spring communities of the United States. Trend and access. Janet
Abbott, L. Chris Devlin.
- 5- Balneology and exercise: an innovative alliance for well-being and prevention. Fabio
- 6- 124 years of balneotherapy at the Techirghiol Rehabilitation Sanatorium – reflections for
the activity and plans for the future. Elena Roxana Tucmeanu.
- 7- Thermalism in Morocco and its socio-economic impact on the local population. Mohamed
- 8- Thermal Medicine – Well-being. The Greek Case. Kouskoukis Konstantinos.
- 9 – Pending Title – Charles Davidson
11.30 12.00 – Coffee Break
- 12:00 – 13:30 Session 2:
- TERME & TALASSO: STRATEGIES, ECONOMY, TRENDS, SUSTAINABILITY
- Moderators: Miguel A. Fernández, F. Bonsignori, L. Alemán
- 1 – Present and future of Thalassotherapy. Faust Bonsignori.
- 2 – Quality systems as management tools in Spanish spas. Miguel Angel Fernandez Toran
- 3 – Potentialities of Cuban mineral waters and mineral-medicinal muds. Compatible with Dafo Matrix”. Jorge Castillo Burgos
- 4 -Opportunities for foreign investment in thermal centers in Cuba. Yamila de Armas Águila.
- 5- Wellness tourism and Thermalism. Rafael Ledesma Rosa.
- 6 – Lifestyles and nutrition. Today and for the new generations. Gian Maria Bellati
- 7- Asicotur, the driving force and backbone of international tourism cooperation. Jose Carlos de Santiago Bartholomew.
- 8 – Strategy of Tourism of Well-being and Quality of Life. Ileana Reyes Alvarez.
- 13.30 -15.30 – LUNCH TIME
- 19:30 WELCOME COCKTAIL